Your Baby's Arrival
Labor and delivery is a joyous day for you and your family. Our family physicians will support you through the entire process. Every pregnancy is a new and unique experience. The physicians at Allen County Regional Hospital will work with you, before and during your delivery, to find the best method of delivery of your baby, such as:
Other procedures offered include PROC episiotomy when necessary.
While you are staying with us, you can expect:
- Hepatitis B vaccination for your baby
- Newborn metabolic screening
- Optional expanded newborn metabolic screening
- Hearing test for your baby
- Bilirubin test for your baby
- Optional circumcision for your baby
Many people have never heard of kernicterus, but it can be a great threat to newborns. Kernicterus develops out of untreated jaundice and can be easily prevented with a simple test. HCA Healthcare made a commitment to implement kernicterus testing for every baby born at an HCA Midwest Health System hospital.