Imaging Services at Allen County Regional Hospital
Our Imaging Center offers advanced technology to look inside the body – without surgery – to aid in the diagnosis of disease or to see an injury. Our board-certified Radiologists and Imaging Technologists provide a full-range of diagnostic testing to help your doctor provide the best care possible. The Imaging Center at Allen County Regional Hospital includes:
- Breast Imaging through our Breast Center provides comprehensive services, including screening and diagnostic Digital Mammography.
- An advanced MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) system.
- A 4-Slice CT (computed tomography) scanner that produces vivid, 3D images of the body.
- Bone Densitometry to measure bone loss and detect osteopenia or osteoporosis.
- Nuclear Medicine testing used to take picture of bones and internal organs after they have absorbed a radioactive substance.
- Ultrasound imaging, also called ultrasound scanning or sonography, involves exposing part of the body to high-frequency sound waves to produce pictures of the inside of the body. Because ultrasound images are captured in real-time, they can show the structure and movement of the body's internal organs, as well as blood flowing through blood vessels.